Originally Posted By: ireckon
Well, it turns out that an external shooter would have actually caused more problems in this particular situation.

This isn't quite the same thing as saying someone who was carrying concealed would have caused more problems. The statistics show that having an armed civilian present would have been unlikely to make things worse.

Quote:
This guy offed himself. I'm struggling to think of a way you could have fired your CCW and and improved upon that outcome.

He shot two people. I wasn't there and I don't know anything about how this went down other than in the link to the news story, but it's conceivable that someone who was carrying concealed might have been able to prevent one or both of the victims from being shot. It's also possible that the situation was such that it wasn't preventable by someone carrying concealed. We may never know.

Quote:
Nobody would have gotten to this guy before he got his victims.

How do you know that? I'm not saying you're wrong, because I sure as heck don't know, but you'd have to be in possession of more information about the incident than I am to be sure.