Trying to find someone to build me matching beaver mittens. My furrier says the market is tough right now. A lot of the people that make things out of fur are getting old and going out of business, with no one replacing them. Also, the Chinese are buying up furs for their manufacturing industry on a grand scale. So I may have to wait a while to get what I want.

Went to the archery range this weekend. Took the wife and let her shoot for the first time. She was apprehensive at first, but took to it right away and is now an enthusiast, despite putting a nasty string burn on her bow arm (everyone has to learn the hard way it seems). By the time we were done she was hitting the target at 30 yards just shooting a recurve. The son in law has a bow under the tree as well, so it looks like we will all be shooting together a lot next year. I am excited.

Cracked open a jar of corned beef hash I put up a year ago. Still tasty, and the taters were still firm. Put three over easy eggs on top and ate my fill. Found a bottle of chipotle tabasco to top it with and brewed up some strong coffee and now I am just kicking back and rubbing my belly. Life is good.