Well, in my case the fleece was just to use as a blanket in the hammock. It can get chilly at night if it drops much below ~75. The tarp can be configured to block the wind and the wool blanket suspended as an underquilt which would make it pretty toasty.

I realize a lot of these items might not survive 4 years, and originally I had duplicates of critical ones, but it got to the point where I could barely afford to cover the span of everything I was looking to bring.

Tarps, especially heavy duty ones, don't like sunlight for long periods. Bug netting is an absolute must but it can easily tear if you stretch your hammock too taught and you sit on it wrong (I did just that with my Skeeter Beater Pro). The gill net would almost certainly require repair at some point. Shoes / boots that I assumed our hero has at the beginning would wear out. Clothes of course. But skimping on some things (like food gathering, shelter, etc) is just something you can't do, so you make sacrifices!

I agree spare clothes are cheap enough (other than boots) that pre-made makes sense. You can go to any thrift store and buy a shirt for $1-3, and pants only a few dollars more.