When I began this thread, I never thought it would generate this much interest. Especially not such well thought out commentary. My admiration to all.

My thanx to all who posted about "Partisans of Vilna" . I just ordered it myself.

I just re-read the thread and a question came to mind. How many of us, especially those with cultural/ ethnic/ religious connections to the Holocaust, consciously or unconsciously , find ourselves making "run away" preps? I'm not talking about disaster preps or a BOB. I'm thinking about keeping cash/ gold /jewels/passport handy. Having a "family assemble" code, e.g. "Alas Babylon". Knowing the route to Canada/Mexico/wherever, not because we ever think we'll have to run, but "just-in-case"? Never quite feeling secure or accepted in the larger society?

These are the feelings and actions that some of the survivor parents & grandparents of my childhood friends felt and acted upon. I'm wondering if it carried through to the next or next two generations? Anyone care to share or comment?

Edited by acropolis5 (09/24/14 12:14 AM)