We have a thermal insulated cooker. I won't say brand name, there are a number on Amazon and they work pretty much the same.
Quote:
...Put inner pot over the stove top and bring to a boil and set into outer container, Stainless steel vacuum insulated outer container allows the food to cook thoroughly without fire or electricity while the outside body stays cool to touch, Can keeps hot food around 154F for 6 hours, Save energy Save time, No overcooking and no burn, ...
With this we can heat the food either inside or outside (electric range inside, butane/propane/kero/white gas outside) and then when the inner pot and food is up to temp, put it inside the insulated outer container. Then you can turn off the stove and if you are concerned, remove the butane bottle from the stove.

BTW, the butane stove I mentioned is fairly safe design. There's a reason all those different models look the same. IMO the fire issue, while being real would not be the fault of the stove unless the operator was irresponsible. That is true of any stove, including gas and electric range you find in any kitchen. The model I have boils water at least as fast as the kitchen's electric range.