Originally Posted By: Bingley
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
(I'm currently working on my Intermediate BushClass certification through Bushcraft USA)

Can you tell me more about this process? I looked at the site, and I thought it was just a discussion forum. (I might even have asked the forum about learning bushcraft in my area!)

Sure thing, Bing!

I joined last year and I'm loving it!

It's a self-paced, peer-instructed and reviewed process. There are on-line tutorials, including videos, and each level (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) has a series of requirements, centered around bushcraft skills, with each level building on the previous one. There is also a list of elective projects, some of which need to be completed for each level. Additionally, there are required outings to practice your skills, including required overnights.

Essentially, you watch videos about various essential skills, then practice, and then show your successful results to your peers, who will either give you the thumbs up, or make you re-do it. Everyone shares the stories, photos and videos with the group, so we all learn together. smile

You get a certificate at the end, but I'm just in it to learn.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA