Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
Bingley... if you are looking for a good shooting hobby, check out the USPSA pistol and 3 gun competition locally....it's been a great 30 year hobby...3 gun will quickly sort out your equipment, and improve your gun handling skills...

Sounds like a great reason to buy that STI 1911 in 9mm! smile I know competition improves mechanics, but I feel like the gaping hole for me is tactics. I don't know how to move through a house, go up/down stairs (can you even survive that?), get through doors, etc.

I poked around some more on PRNMED, & found two people on a survivalist forum who have done the course. One loved it. The other was unimpressed, saying EMT training would be better. I'm thinking that if I'm going to do EMT, I probably won't do PRNMED's course. Also, looking at their curriculum, they really do seem to squeeze a lot into the weekend. I spent quite some time practicing improvising splints in the WFR course, and I got better as a result of all that practice. I'm guessing you can't make the course shorter without losing something.