I see some good sound advice from Doug and others pertaining to the Master Pro kit from my company (Pro Survival Kit Co.). We have sold a lot of these kits to private pilots in the past, but they knew exactly what they needed and the Master Pro fit that need. We recently sold a Master Pro kit to a Captain with KLM airlines, for his use in a glider or ultra-light.

I agree that building your own kit can be fun and gives you exactly what you want in a kit. We make kits for people who don't have the time or resourses to build their own kit. Even if you are looking for a ready made kit, that doesn't mean one of our kits will best suit your needs. I've recommended Dougs upcoming kit with AMK at least a dozen times in the past few weeks to people who I don't feel need to dump a bunch of money into a kit. Chances are slim that you will ever find a kit built exactly as you want it; I recommend choosing the best fit for you and adding to it.

Our kits were basically designed for military special op's personnel, because that is my background. Our kits just happen to fit the needs of others as well. Truth be told, I'm not sure how much longer our kits will be available to the general public. We are currently able to keep up with our orders, but it looks like that may change in the future.

Good luck with your quest.

Semper Fi, George