Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#265451 - 12/02/13 09:16 AM Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon)
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I hope this doesn't violate any rules...just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Cyber Monday sale the GoingGear.com website. They have a lot of really good deals but I specifically want to mention their Numyth sale. IIRC Numyth is a house brand that Marshall had made for his company. At any rate if you use the code numyth35 you get 35% off all Numyth stuff.

I mention this because it makes the Tohil lighter an even better deal. The Tohil is the best peanut lighter I've ever seen. It's anodized aluminum and very well made. It has an O-ring which addresses the problem that bedevils most other peanut lighters- having the gas leak out. I have two of these lighters, and the one that I keep in my hiking EDC kit has held first fill of fuel for over 11 months without running dry!

Right now I have two of them in orange; they seem to only have black in stock right now. I like the orange because I think it's easier to see if dropped but I plan to order a couple of them in black while they're still on sale.

#265465 - 12/03/13 03:20 AM Re: Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon) [Re: Phaedrus]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
This post breaks no rules.

Posts that bring our attention to good deals, that aren't from shills, and where the poster doesn't have a relationship with the seller are generally fine in ATC. If "good deals" posts become very frequent it's possible that the policy may need to be tuned.

chaosmagnet

#265466 - 12/03/13 06:50 AM Re: Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon) [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Cool! Just so everyone knows I think the same ends tomorrow evening. I'm not affiliated with GG.com but I have made several purchases from them. I have two of these lighters (one of the reviews on the site was submitted by me). Later this evening I will probably pick up a couple more.

Another note- code bf1330 gives you 30% off of a number of JETBeam lights, including the BC20. I have a BC20 and will probably order another while the code is active. It's a pretty amazing light and around $25 or so with the code.

Cyber Monday is maybe my 2nd favorite holiday of the year! grin

#265469 - 12/03/13 05:11 PM Re: Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon) [Re: chaosmagnet]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
This post breaks no rules.

Posts that bring our attention to good deals, that aren't from shills, and where the poster doesn't have a relationship with the seller are generally fine in ATC. If "good deals" posts become very frequent it's possible that the policy may need to be tuned.

chaosmagnet

FWIW, it would be nice to have a dedicated Black Friday/Cyber Monday thread every year. Several other websites I frequent do it, and my wallet hates me for it.

Edited by MDinana (12/03/13 05:12 PM)

#265483 - 12/04/13 04:25 AM Re: Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon) [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Yeah, BF/CM really kill me! The Teaching Company has some amazing deals going for CM, too. I just ordered one a few minutes ago, literally 84% off the normal price. Over the years I've purchased maybe 25 lecture series from them. grin

#265486 - 12/04/13 02:20 PM Re: Heads up! Numyth sale @ GoingGear (Cyber Mon) [Re: MDinana]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: MDinana
FWIW, it would be nice to have a dedicated Black Friday/Cyber Monday thread every year. Several other websites I frequent do it, and my wallet hates me for it.

Agreed. I'll set a reminder to start one for 2014.

chaosmagnet

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 521 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Lost in Northern California Mountains for 10 Days
by Ren
Today at 08:36 PM
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by Eugene
Today at 06:46 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/23/24 06:12 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.