Originally Posted By: MDinana
Then ... go-gurts ( I think they don't need refrigeration),

I've never seen one that did NOT need refrigeration.

Quote:
those fruit packet thigies that look like Capri Sun packets, maybe some pita or tortillas? They pack small, can break up easily. Obviously cereal is ok, maybe those breakfast sized little boxes that come 10 to a pack (they still make those?!?). Worst comes to worst, you chew up your food and give it to them (gross, but works for lots of birds).

Yes to all.

Quote:
Containment? Uh ... well, I think you might have to sleep in shifts and just watch them. Tethering is an option, but really, how about trying to pack some of their toys and keep them occupied? Tent is a good idea, especially if you play camping in the yard and get them used to it.

I tried to imagine tethering with my kids when they were toddlers. I had to wipe tears from my eyes and Fresca from my monitor. My oldest would have howled in a way that could curdle the blood in your body and leave you dead on the ground at one hundred yards. My middle would have calmly accepted it until we were out of sight, untied or cut the tether and used it to tie us up in our sleep. My youngest would have turned it into a bungie jump and started selling tickets to other kids.

Sorry for the OT. I'm not saying that tethering is universally unworkable. I completely agree with working to keep them occupied.