Folks it seems have become a little too dependent on Information Technology and don't know or cannot prepare themselves to go just back even 20 years ago before all this Interweb and communications dependency came into existence. I didn't even have a telephone in the house until the early 1990s and I had only 4 TV channels to watch in the 1980s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOdusfDCb0

Data backup and security is really just common sense such as not putting Nuclear Reactors on active fault lines subject to Tsunamis, the real problem of course is having a 70 year power infrastructure with little resilience to storm perturbations whether it is Solar or even EMP, Wind or ice. There is not much that can be done about that for SMEs and even multinationals to keep data comms open and working even if your IT database centre is just peachy.

Try getting a Bank Account with a Bank Statement Book or ask for your Employer to give wages in cash every week. They were able to do this 20 years ago. The Post Office was even more reliable back then.

IT dependency really just adds to a lack of resilience due to the psychological panic it induces in the 'I have to have it done now' Society.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/18/13 02:38 AM)