Interesting choice of gear. Many of us jumped on the wide availability of stainless steel water bottles as multi-purpose problem solvers. I would have chosen a good saw blade from a folding saw and a smaller knife for that terrain, but to each his own.

Lots of good comments, particularly about a separate pouch for the contents. I would note that some of the commenters did not look at the posted link, which placed this as part of a standard daypack with clothing and rain jacket, not as a stand-alone kit.

For a northern climate, the wide mouth bottle is very important. Anyone who has tried to melt snow for water knows it's rather like pouring sand down a rathole. You could do it with a narrow mouth if you had to, but it would make you mental.

Handling a hot stainless canteen is quite a challenge. The bail (or a multitool) is very important for handling over the fire, but for drinking it's a scorcher to both hands and lips. Filling it only 3/4 full helps, but in practical terms you have to let it cool a while, and it stays hot a lot longer than a pot.

While some have suggested an exotic bottle (bumping the cost), it may be worth considering the opposite approach. Adequate stainless water bottles are available for peanuts in second-hand stores. They're usually a bit smaller, 2/3 quart/litre, but simple and inexpensive kits could easily be mass-assembled and tucked into all sorts of locations, including the trunks of relatives' vehicles. I would guess that a skilled scrounger could do it for $10-15.