Originally Posted By: AKSAR
. For example, what is the point of scissors? I can't think of much that I would need scissors for that I can't do with a sharp knife.

I find a folding scissors to be very useful, although I don't argue your point that a knife would also do these things, and agree that some multi-tools have gotten nearly big enough to require their own propulsion systems. I use scissors to cut open packages of jerky, cut paper, small cordage, open envelopes/packages, make tinder from jute, trim broken fingernails, snip off fish hooks, mark my deer tag, and trim wicks.

My wife also borrows it for the scissors on a frequent basis for undisclosed reasons. IMO, these things are done more safely with a scissors than with a blade.

One day, not being a slave to fashion and finding myself miles down a trail on an unexpectedly hot day, I used my L-Wave scissors to cut the long sleeves off of my flannel shirt at the shoulders. I seriously considered doing that to my cargo pants too, but wisely decided against it. I retained said sleeves to safety pin back onto the shirt when it cooled off, coincidentally providing unequaled ventilation at the armpits.

I still have that 'convertible' shirt, and the scissors that spawned it.