I'm listening!

I just took out the esbit and hobo stoves. Also removed the extra alcohol and esbit tabs. That gives me the canteen and alcohol stoves, 2 oz of fuel and 12 esbit tabs, which should be more than enough. Saved a little weight and some space. :-)

This stuff is now housed in two bags:

-the canteen/shelter kit (GI canteen, canteen cup and cozy, canteen stove, 12 esbit tabs, 4 microPUR tabs, bandana and aluminum foil plus shelter roll.)

-a small stuff sack for the alcohol stove kit. (Penny stove, snuffer, penny, 2 oz of alcohol,, plastic match safe with SA matches and a couple of cotton balls, warming pan, small trying pan with lid.)

BTW, one of the little cake pans that come with Easy Bake Oven kits makes an awesome warming pan for a penny stove. wink

I also swapped out the gsi kettle and the frying pan, and replaced them with an Ozarks Trail SS camp mug with lid (cookie tin lid) and smaller SS frying pan with lid. The mug and lid nest with my SS water bottle and it's merino wool sock cozy. The frying pan and lid are housing my penny stove and fuel. Saved both room and weight. :-)

Still pondering knives and lights...

Thanks again for all your help with this!

Edited by bacpacjac (04/11/13 01:14 PM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA