The Fenix E15 just arrived. Wow, this thing is compact, light, and solid. The light is better than expected.

It is twist operated. Basically that means after inserting the battery you put the LED portion back on, start twisting to close it. At some point the o-ring on the LED portion slips inside the body. After some more twisting the light turns on. To turn off the light you basically "untighten" the LED portion until the light turns off.

You can switch between three light levels. It turns on at mid-level. Turn off/on quickly (< 2 secs) and you're at low-level. Do it again and your'e at high-level. Turn off for more than 2 seconds and you start all over again.

By pinching the body between my palm and middle finger I can use my pointer finger and thumb to turn it on & off one-handed fairly easily.

Just sitting in my living room, its a bit more floody than my Fenix TK10, but actually brighter at mid-level for each (actually the TK10 only has mid and high). At roughly 15 feet distance the bulk of the light is about 4 feet wide.

I wish there was a little more twist between off and exposing the o-ring, but I don't think anyone would accidentally expose the o-ring. Clearly they are trying to minimize length.

The one thing that kind of bugs me is that when off it rattles a bit when shaken - like the battery is rattling around inside. Still, it never turns on when rattling. When turned on the rattling goes away.