Neighbor is in extended care,house empty,realty company cares for it.Today they had a burst pipe.

She calls plumber from down the hill 25 miles away. He comes up with 24 year old son in his truck,not plumbing van,to do estimate.

Dogs barking,go outside,he is turning off my water

You a plumber ?

Yup,neighbor has a leak.

I take him to her meter,he turns off.

Say....do you have time to fix a section of copper pipe?

Got the time,not the tools or supplies.

Tell him,I got all the fixings and tools (I picked up at Lowes yesterday 1/2 and 3/4 pipes and fittings) He says,let me take a look.

So son comes over....how much I ask.

50 bucks maybe,but let me ask Dad.

Tells Dad to look,he says I trust you son,do it.

So he does.Getting steel stub outta 1/2 elbow was a bear,took us both( So I never could have fixed it myself).Then when he tried to solder copper to new joint kept getting wet.Had to unhook water heater lines to blow out.SUCCESS!

How about this 3/4 section,cut out and splice? Dad says OK,70 dollars total,Nice Scottish fella. So we traded snow and Husky and GSD stories,they have both kinds of dogs, just like me.

When he was done he says you know I gave you a very good deal since I'm here and it will pay for gas. Said Yup! I DO know what a deal it was and cant thank you enough.!!!

70 bucks and 2 pipe repairs,is that an Angel or what.....like he said 'God put me on your doorstep today',sure did,an Angel was sent.

Hows that for a story??

Went out and got almost all lines covered by those foam tubes,Looks GREAT.

Mrs says its Karma,tell you what,Brian and Jim sure earned a billion Karma points today,what nice kind people!