Originally Posted By: Bingley
I'm worried for you, Spuds. Jerk with an attitude can quickly turn into jerk with a lawyer. I'd urge you get familiar with the self-defense law of your state/locality.

Bingly,thank you for your concern.

Im big on avoiding confrontation.

Most jerks with an attitude,overly aggressive panhandlers and 4 legged varmints will quickly adjust attitude when they see you are prepared and capable of upping the ante,esp when it comes as a total surprise,puts their plans right out the window.Most arent the brightest bulbs out there,hence their situation in life. Most people are still rational enough to know there are easier targets and its not a hill to die on.

Most low level criminals are not Rambo,they are opportunistic cowards.Drug addicts,cockroaches that crawl out at dusk,that is the situation we sometimes find ourselves in... in situations as innocuous as walking to vehicle after shopping.

But if someone thinks they can assault without risk,they will.

Its for the lower threat deterrent Im looking for,and this will provide that as opposed to totally unarmed.

Just a part of escalating defensive measures,start small and work up the ladder,Im big on layered defensive actions.Options,and several of them is how we run our lives here.

Im prepared for getting out of dodge to fighting for life and have tools for each level,just another tool depending on what the situation dictates.

To fight is always last choice,but to be a victim totally defenseless is not an option.BTDT,its no longer an option I will entertain.
=========================

Originally Posted By: haertig
[quote=spuds] before thinking "Well, I can just bash him with my stick - no harm in that."
Nobody thinks that.

Victim,not happening to me,end of discussion,not happening,I have a wife and life to protect,and will.If I go down it will be fighting,not cowering begging for my life.