Quote:
But there must be some good ones out there somewhere.

Perhaps even more important than a good Emergency kit is knowing what is required to get out of trouble with the vehicle.

Today I spent almost 2 hrs trying to replace a main beam headlight bulb on a buddies Citroen C4 (C4 being an appropriate name for whats required to blow the damned thing up with). We were eventually able to replace the bulb with the aid of a dental mirror from a Dental kit, a Fenix CR123 flashlight and some needle nosed pliers! There was lots and lots of swearing at the French, for such a stupid headlamp access design.

I advised my buddy to swap out the other bulb as sure as night follows day the other will fail at the most inappropriate time. i.e. an emergency situation.

Having looked around some of the autoparts stores today, Whilst getting a bulb for the C4 (my buddy didn't a have set in his vehicle) all the emergency car kits were absolute junk.
Driving with a rubbish emergency kit could prove to be a pointless task if most folks don't know how fill up the wind screen washer bottle, top up their cooling water or where to add the antifreeze or engine oil, check their dip stick or know how to put on some snow chains, swap out a fuse (if they can find the fuse box) or change a light bulb eek and perform some basic preventative maintenance such as putting the correct air pressure in the tires.

Yes there people around who think that their cell phone will suffice. crazy

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (11/29/12 08:41 PM)