Originally Posted By: Dagny

For office workers who do meetings that may take them away from their desk, a commonly-carried accoutrement - by both sexes - is the zippered leather portfolio.

Pretty limiting but even a sleek portfolio could stash cash, a key, a credit-card-size survival tool, small matchbook (or tiny firesteel). A tiny e-Pico or flat light could fit in mine. A black e-Pico light would not be too out of place hooked to the zipper of my black leather portfolio.

I wonder if anyone is marketing a survival portfolio?

Will a "Tactical Padfolio" work? I was looking at padfolios today since my organizer was getting cluttered with scratched notes from a dozen different projects. Any one could unobtrusively handle plastic "emergency" car keys, a small pen or keychain light, credit card tool (i.e Swisscard), small whistle, and flat N95 mask.

Keep in mind this is a corporate "get out of the building NOW!" kit for when you can't get back to your desk. My experience has been that the flashlight is the most important tool followed by the key, mask, whistle, and finally the credit card tool. Ironically, the credit card tool will get the most day to day use.

Edited by Mark_R (11/29/12 05:06 AM)

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane