I have an EMS background as well as wilderness medicine and TCCC. In a non-tactical environment, you can still have a risk of serious hemmorhage situations. Getting hit with a hunter's .308 negligent discharge, accidentally chopping an axe through your lower leg, or surviving a plane ditching can result in life threatening bleeding where minutes count. In addition to direct pressure and wound packing (like this, I don't mean long term wound care/packing) being knowledgeable and skilled with a tourniquet and hemostatics has application here.

I carry Combat Gauze in the woods because it is effective, lightweight, packable, versatile, and very hard to improvise.

For truly serious wounds the current wisdom is that elevation and pressure points are not useful. If a bleed responds to elevation or pressure points, then it should also respond to direct pressure. On a bad bleed you are wasting time and red blood cells with elevation & pressure points.

Most people don't have the skill to suture correctly. IMO unless you have significant professional experience with suturing you shouldn't be doing it. Done wrong it causes more problems than it solves. I was taught to suture by a surgeon and I practiced on pig's feet but that was years ago and today I don't think I could do a proper job on a human.