Ditto. For everyday carry and use the multimode lights (Quark Pro) are great. It isn't complex, press the button once and the light comes on dim (moonlight mode), touch the button one two three four times and the light gets brighter until it goes back to dim -- fairly straightforward & no programming required.

The Quark Tactical UI in many cases uses the same light output levels as are available with the regular UI, but the user takes two of those modes and programs them in ahead of time. As a for instance, the Quark X123^2 Tactical (now called the (Quark Tactical QT2L-X) I have in my survival vest has the first mode programmed with the medium output of 65 lumens, and the second with the Beacon mode which is a 0-360 lumen pulse, good for 16 hrs. Press the button and the light turns on with a steady 65 lumen output. Twist the bezel and it switches to 360 lumen beacon mode.

Of the two lights above the Quark Pro (regular) is easier to use and has all the modes available, however, getting to the special modes (SOS, beacon, strobe) is not that simple when you’re cold and wet. That’s why I have the tactical version in my vest. YMMV

The Fenix L1T and L2T were similar in that you had two output levels, medium and high. Twist the bezel to switch between the two.