Originally Posted By: Blast
Edit: Original Study found. I don't have time to go over it until next week.

Anyone have a link to the test data on the GMO issue? Skin tumors are a common occurrence on lab mice so the pictures in this thread are meaningless without the corresponding numbers (dosage, delivery time, rat weight, specific lab rat clone series the test was run on, etc...). There may be a problem or it may be hype. Until I see the data myself I'm not going to freak out.

My two cents.
-Blast

Skipping to the second to last sentence in the conclusion might save you some time:
Quote:
In conclusion, our data presented here strongly recommend that additional long-term (up to 2 years) animal feeding studies be performed in at least three species, preferably also multi-generational, to provide true scientifically valid data on the acute and chronic toxic effects of GM crops, feed and foods.

Emphasis added. Ok, so I'm being a little bit unfair since scientific reports are supposed to point out possible sources of error and suggest further experiments. But if, as they say, they suspect the "natural" pesticides produced by the GM corn plants are to blame for the observed indications of possible toxicity, wouldn't the next step be to isolate those substances and study thier effects?

It seems that science these days seldom asks the really useful questions.

Someone once gave us some "Homeopathic Teething Remedy" tablets. When two or three little beads were placed on a cranky baby's tongue, he was instantly comforted. What powerful substance could have such an instantaneous and powerful effect? Worried, I looked at the "active ingredients" and found nothing but a couple of herbs diluted literally one million times. The "inactive ingredient" was... sugar. Duh.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."