Originally Posted By: MostlyHarmless
Originally Posted By: spuds
OK,bike trailers.Knew nothing about em so did some googling.

Apparently Burley is one of the better and they are all over craigslist for 1/2 to 1/3rd of new retail,an example...Apparently the 2 kid version is good for 100 lbs but I saw an ad where a 230 lb guy says his can support his weight.

Yup, Burley is good stuff. I am really happy with mine, and I have used it quite a lot for convenient local transport - small kids, groceries, gear for biking trips.

Bear in mind that overloading is a sure way to wear out quickly. It's a big difference between supporting some 230 lb guy for a very short time and doing the same when bumping and humping over all kinds of roads. The 100lb limit is probably a bit conservative, but bear in mind that wear and tear will be a function of not only load but also road conditions and how though you are riding.

Once you get the chance try bending and rattling those joints of your Burley trailer. Solid stuff, but clearly not made to sustain heavy loads for long periods of time.

Dont imagine i would actually choose to overload one,but thought it amazing the thing didnt just crumple the minute he added his wt.My thought was,nice frame,should last if used as designed.

Dagny,I have to say your setup is just so Dang nice,all I would add is solar to the mix somehow.

Thanks folks for the education,fascinating to gather up such great knowledge,THANK YOU ALL!