Ahhh hell,

I was playing around with photobucket and obviously killed all the pics of stuff. Oops... blush See if I can't fix that.

Actually, and this will make some of you laugh(and the rest think I am an idiot) I have played around a bit more with this whole PSK idea and decided to go back to the way I have always done things. I stripped the kits down and placed the items in pockets/pouches etc and left it at that. I did however, take one of the pelican kits out and gave it hell to see if it would leak and I am happy to say it did not.(for those who wanted to know) I know the web says it isn't waterproof, but at several feet it held up just fine.

After it was all said and done I just didn't like having everything stored in a PSK (tin/plastic case or otherwise) I placed the whistle, signal mirror and flashlight on lanyards attached to the vest, Pinned the mini compass to the zipper pull, added the fire steel combo to a pocket with the para cord and heat sheet blanket and attached a rescue knife(hook type) to the straps. The WM1 will be worn around my neck as always. The matches/striker/tinder went into a plastic vial. While on a mountain biking trip yesterday I put the wire saw through its paces just to test it out and am still undecided if it is usefully enough to bother carrying or not (I will post something on that later)

One thing that will remain in a Pelican case for now is my iphone. That device is likely to save my bacon before everything else is after all.

Like I said before, I wanted to give the idea a fair shake before knocking it. Some folks may like the idea of a little survival "kit" but I experimented and found it's not for me.

Thanks for all the feedback and replies folks. If nothing else it was a good learning experience for me.

Edited by Stephen (08/17/12 08:20 PM)