I think there's more to that drone spoofing story. Not that I don't believe what we're told... If it was so easy it would have been a lot more than one drone by now. Or maybe it has been... It's just a drone anyway, they expect to lose them. I'm disappointed they don't have a James Bond-style "car alarm" setup, my drones would. smile

Speaking more generally now. What I got out of that spoofing doc linked to above was that a single spoofing source would not be enough. A modern GPS receiver should quickly ignore it. There could however be a minute or two until the receiver rejects that source, and that may be enough for the nefarious deed. Multiple signal sources *in the proper geometric locations* would normally be required.

Back to the drone: they apparently didn't have to do that, and it responded to its confusion by landing. I wonder if the Iranians made the landing place look fairly like the base where the drone would have normally landed? I thought there was always people behind the drones' control who could over-ride their autonomy.