Though I wouldn't say I'm no longer into camping, my own personal definition of what "camping" is has changed as I've gotten older.

In my teens, 20's & 30's I did lots of tent camping. Thin pads were the norm.

In my 40's, with young children my family moved to use of a popup camper, though with both my son and daughter there were plenty of nights tent camping with Scouts. I did notice that I was spending much more thought on picking sleeping pads - and spending more money on them.

Once I hit my 50's I found I was really not sleeping well on the ground. In the last two years I actually found myself dreading it when I'd go with the Scouts (my son is now 17 years old, so he REALLY doesn't need me there). With the family we moved up to a travel trailer - mostly for the wife, and sometimes actually rent cabins.

Recently we bought some property in northern Wisconsin (pre-retirement) and have moved the trailer to a seasonal site near by. We still pretty much camp in a simple way there - no rolling barbecue grills and large wood porches - pretty simple living actually. For me the travel trailer is a comfortable bed and a way to not have to do the walk to the latrine in the middle of the night :-)

I still like camping, but its the sleeping on the ground that I've moved away from.

BTW, I never was one to burn fires just for the fun of it. I don't know why - it was just never something I did. Because of all my years involved with Scouts I'm actually pretty darn good at it. I don't cook over fire - for the most part, and unless someone else wants to start one I probably won't.