I am coming in late to this thread as I have been out and about enjoying some spectacular mountain scenery this past week!

After reading through most, but not all posts on this topic, I can agree that on this forum, the info posted is only as good as you interpet it. Like any other forum, there is very good info here. And on the flip side, IMHO, there has been some very bad info posted here and it is ultimately up to the reader to interpet and judge whether that info and person is trustworthy enough to believe...and to also pursue alternative research on the subject.

In the almost 3 years I have been a member here, there are several people here whom I would not quibble about talking to in person in real life around a campfire...regardless of them using or not using their real name. As the recent Dave Canterbury thread clearly demonstrates, using a real name on TV or the internet does not make you credible when you mislead people about your supposed experience.

All in all, this a good forum and a tip of the hat goes to the MOD's for keeping a tight handle on things when needed..

John Lubbock