Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#247937 - 07/03/12 11:09 PM Dave Canterbury getting new show
Finn Offline

Loc: Colonial Heights, VA
Dave just posted (less than 1 hour ago) on Facebook that he & Myke Hawke (Man Woman Wild) will have a new show. Its geared to youth and will be on the Outdoor Channel.

#247942 - 07/04/12 01:32 AM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: Finn]
Stephen Offline

Loc: Canada
Wasn't Dave Canterburry caught lying about all his military background and stuff?

If that's indeed true, I don't think I could watch his show anymore regardless of how good it may be.

#247947 - 07/04/12 02:47 AM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: ]
Stephen Offline

Then it is true,

That's too bad. I kinda liked dual survival. I mean I took most of it with a grain of salt but it was entertaining all the same. Glad to see Cody is going to continue on with the show.

Quote:
Stephan, a number of forum members here at ETS have been contacted to be on television. Not many, but a few. So far none have taken any offers. We're really not that kind of group.

Umm.......O.k then.

This seemed like an odd bit to throw in there. Not kind of what group?

#247953 - 07/04/12 03:41 AM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: ]
Stephen Offline

Izzy, I didn't think you meant anything by it. I just wasn't sure what you were saying is all.

I don't watch much television myself, but if I am watching a show over a cold beer it may as well be a survival show where I am remotely interested as opposed to the other crap they pass off as entertainment these days.

God forbid I don't put survivorman on before the wife gets her clutches on the remote lest I get stuck watching reruns of corronation street.

(shudders uncontrollably)

I almost got picked up to be on mantracker a few years back. I am sure the show is staged but I was looking forward to putting that grey haired b*sT*rD in his place. Turns out they didn't need anymore people of my profession at the time as too many had already applied.

#247955 - 07/04/12 03:55 AM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: ]
Stephen Offline

I was hoping it would be the whispering bald guy that used to do deadliest warrior and future weapons.

Whoever it is will have to be the polar opposite of Lundine to give the show that bad vs good, right vs wrong feel. Half of what made dual survival fun to watch was watching Cody and Dave argue.

Its really too bad Dave Canterburry turned out to be a liar. He really played that part well.

I have no doubt Canterburry knows his way around the woods. He had some great youtube vids. I just can't get around the whole pretending to be a war vet/sniper thing.

Edited by Stephen (07/04/12 03:55 AM)

#247987 - 07/04/12 09:54 PM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: Finn]
Finn Offline

Loc: Colonial Heights, VA
I enjoyed "Dual Survival" alot and consider myself a fan of Cody. I liked Dave, but never really felt that he had the background he claimed. Disclosure: I share an MOS with him and we served over a shared period, 84-86, but I never met him. I also went on to serve as an infantry medic.

Dave has some good YT vids and some solid knowledge, but I haven't made up my mind on the "Stolen Valor" issue for myself. Yes, it was wrong and I cannot condone that. For now, I have placed some distance on him mentally.

Re: Myke Hawke... I just don't like the guy. Something about his personality really bugs me. I am not questioning anything about him, but I can't get past the personality. Found his wife far more entertaining.

I also hope that Cody teams with Terry Schappert- from the few things I've seen him in.

#247991 - 07/04/12 11:07 PM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: Finn]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Its geared to youth and will be on the Outdoor Channel

Here is Peter Duncan (1980s Blue Peter children's TV show Presenter) and Lofty Wiseman (author of that Popular Survival book) with his 1987 Childrens TV series called 'Duncan Dares'. I guess it might be considered the original format of all that was to follow on the Discovery Channel. laugh There are some interesting differences though, which don't seem to make it into contemporary 'survival shows', such as sore tired feet, general fatigue, thirst, hunger and consequent failure.

Duncan Dares (Part 1)

Duncan Dares (Part2)

Maybe with all the product placement signature 'Survival Knifes' in the current crop of hard core 'Survival shows' scripted for vicarious thrills, there might possibly be a place for a map'n'compass, No wait that would suddenly become a happy camper or trekking entertainment show.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (07/04/12 11:09 PM)

#247994 - 07/05/12 03:00 AM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: Stephen]
Roarmeister Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted By: Stephen
Then it is true,

That's too bad. I kinda liked dual survival. I mean I took most of it with a grain of salt but it was entertaining all the same. Glad to see Cody is going to continue on with the show.

Quote:
Stephan, a number of forum members here at ETS have been contacted to be on television. Not many, but a few. So far none have taken any offers. We're really not that kind of group.

Umm.......O.k then.

This seemed like an odd bit to throw in there. Not kind of what group?

I thought dual survival was pretty decent up to that episode where Dave cuts his arm intentionally and they use gunpowder to seal/cauterize the wound. Unnecessary sensationalism, IMHO. From there is was difficult to take that show at face value.

As to your question, I believe that was in reference to a reality show, "The Colony". I know that at least one poster mentioned it, the details escape me though. The poster had his own personal reasons for not being a part of it, nothing more needed to be said.

#248021 - 07/05/12 06:18 PM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: Finn]
frediver Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: N.Cal.
I really don't care who they get now I will only be watching when there
when there is nothing else to see or do.
Now if they arranged to have Cody with someone like a genuine Eagle Scout, heck even a Scout with their latest Wilderness Survival Badge,
that would be worth watching.

#248047 - 07/06/12 12:04 PM Re: Dave Canterbury getting new show [Re: frediver]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
I think it is time for a three person team show-call it Armageddon Committee: Cody Lundin, Martha Stewart, and Rush Limbaugh. Cody brings his primitive skillset, Martha contributes shelter decorating, prison survival, and culinary arts, and Rush discusses the survival struggle as a metaphor for the national political scene. They will explore the use of parliamentary procedure to facilitate group decision-making in the survival context, and episode settings will include desert, penitentiary, and Central Park settings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (lizsecurro), 879 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by brandtb
Today at 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.