[quote=StephenI can't wrap my head around why you wouldn't post under your own name though actually. Maybe it's just me, but when someone posts under their own name I feel that persons information is a little more trustworthy for some reason [/quote]

To explain my point of view on this comment - If I had a years worth of supplies and a $1,500 automatic pistol in my nightstand and in my truck, I might, as Byrd_Huntr tell you that as part of a discussion on emergency readiness. I certainly would not tell you that under my full real name so anyone with Internet access could find me, and attempt to rob me.

As with your car mechanic, it's up to you to have enough background knowledge to avoid a ripoff. It's the same with a forum...read the posts to determine if what they say is credible based on your background knowledge. I think you will find the differences are based on regional and experience, not willful deception. We read, ponder, and then discuss to share different points of view on the subject information.

Your knowing my full name does not prove I am credible, but it would seriously suppress what I would be willing to share.

Byrd_Huntr...a fake but descriptive pseudonym