Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#260266 - 05/04/13 01:36 AM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Mine is a special coin for the carts at one of our major chains and no name chains. (President's Choice, Loblaws) They sold them a few years ago, and they're made to go on your key chain so you don't have to hunt for change for a grocery cart. (They're usually chained up and you need to put in a quarter or loonie to use it. You hook it back up when you leave and get your coin back.)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#260270 - 05/04/13 10:11 AM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: ]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
You get charged to use a shopping cart? Sheesh.

ALDI does the same thing in the USA. You put a coin in to free the cart, and you get it back when you put the cart back and connect it to the chain. This way the store doesn't have to hire someone to collect the carts, and they don't go wandering off to put a ding in my car.

#260309 - 05/05/13 03:37 AM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
barbakane Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
Here's what I saw the other day for pocket carry EDC, so I decided to try it.

Left to right:
leatherman micra secured by ranger band..ranger banded to that is an aluminum whistle.
My car key
Res-q-me
My wife's car key and fuel door key
Cheapy gerber twisty flashlight with ranger band around it
SAK ranger banded to gerber.
Fits in pocket well and rides high enough where it doesn't dig into my leg when I sit.

#260316 - 05/05/13 03:25 PM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Nice set-up. I might just add another belt pouch -- roughly camera sized and have it all in there.

TRO

#260344 - 05/06/13 03:54 PM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: barbakane]
Denis Offline
Addict

Loc: Calgary, AB
Originally Posted By: barbakane
Here's what I saw the other day for pocket carry EDC, so I decided to try it.

I use a similar method, though it looks like it might be a bit more comfortable. I've been using a bit of light lanyard material & attaching it to my belt using a girth hitch. I then use a small s-biner to clip to the cord & my keyrings, like this:

As I mentioned, this is a pretty comfortable method for carrying a keyring; I like that you can slip the biner/rings into your pocket without them sitting in a lump at the bottom. Also, I keep my keys & EDC-things on separate split rings which seems to work well for me. This what I currently have on that EDC specific split ring:

I used to carry a Fox-40 for a whistle, but when I added the pen to my keyring I wasn't willing to have that much bulk.

#260345 - 05/06/13 05:44 PM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
I've used this plastic key clip on a nylon belt loop for at least 15 years (law enforcement supply shop)...cascading split rings allow everything to slip into rear pocket... just got the E05, and am trying it out...I've had the P38 since 71/72 and now it's a "BTDT" thing.... as far as an additional belt pouch, depending on what you want to carry... an intermediate sized multi tool like the LM Juice S2 and a cr123 light like the Tac Pro 1L fit along with a section of hacksaw blade, small ferro rod, needle, safety pins, tweezers, and petroleum cotton ball in straw into a generic large multi tool pouch... alternatives to the light and multi tool like the Vic Farmer and Bic allow you a little more room

#264573 - 10/22/13 06:41 PM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
codyjack Offline
Stranger

Sorry for resurrecting this, but here's a pic of my minimalistic EDC keychain:

• VARGO titanium whistle
  • house key with a True Utility Keytool
  • tiny capsule with a piece of waterproof tinder and two spare flints in it
  • Victorinox Classic
  • Photon Freedom Micro with the neck lanyard thingy as a button protection
  • County Comm Brass Wheel Sparker taped to the thingy with the actual lanyard of the Photon wrapped around.

Learn more about it here.

Edited by codyjack (10/22/13 06:47 PM)

#264637 - 10/27/13 02:07 PM Re: Key chain as the basis of your EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think keychain edc is one of the two or three best ways to carry small gear.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 303 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by Phaedrus
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.