Originally Posted By: Stephen
Did you order your F1 from Paul at bushcraftcanada.com? Really good dealer of fallkniven products for us Canucks. Excellent customer service as well. I like the look of the stroud knives except for the black finish. Not sure why a survival knife is so subdued but I imagine some people prefer it like that.

No, I actually ordered my Fallkniven from Dale at the-knife-connection. While I like the idea of buying from a BC guy, the price difference moved me to order from south of the border.

I'm definitely looking forward to putting the F1 into use this summer smile.

Regarding the finish on the Stroud knives, in his promotional video Les says he likes the non-stick coating because it makes dealing with things like pine pitch easier in the field.

Originally Posted By: barbarian
I honestly don't expect much from these, performance-wise (Les Stroud Knives). I'm curious about the handle construction, though. Looks questionable. Anyone know if it's full tang, or partial tang?

In that video, Les states they are full tang, but hidden for comfort / cold weather (like the F1's design).

I'm waiting for some thorough reviews to come out before I make a call on their quality & capability. I know a lot of flak was (and is) thrown Bear Grylls' way but, from all I've read, his Gerber knife turned out to be a good piece of gear for the price.