Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247147 - 06/17/12 04:00 AM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: picard120]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

I don't have diabetes. I already test for blood sucrose, cholesterol level. I am normal. My therapist said I have anxiety. He said all of his other patients have occasional hand shaking problem.

#247148 - 06/17/12 04:38 AM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: picard120]
jshannon Offline
Addict

Loc: North Texas
So you rely on your therapist to diagnose possible medical conditions?..lol.

#247153 - 06/17/12 11:55 AM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: picard120]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: picard120
I don't have diabetes. I already test for blood sucrose, cholesterol level. I am normal. My therapist said I have anxiety. He said all of his other patients have occasional hand shaking problem.

Blood GLucose, not SUcrose.
And even if you have anxiety, it doesn't typically manifest as a tremor when you're hungry. Although if you do have anxiety, this is going to be freaking you out (I'm guessing it already is, since your first post goes right to diagnosing yourself with Parkinson's).

Seriously, it's probably just hypoglycemia. Start keeping track of your meals, and when it starts up. After a week or two, look back at the notes you're taking. Look for a pattern - is it only after 5 hours between food? 8 hours? 2 hours? First thing in the morning only?

If there's no pattern, go to your doctor ( not your therapist), bring in the notes, and say "it's not time related." A decent doc should start looking to other causes.

Edited by MDinana (06/17/12 11:56 AM)

#247157 - 06/17/12 02:43 PM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: MDinana]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Originally Posted By: MDinana

Seriously, it's probably just hypoglycemia. Start keeping track of your meals, and when it starts up. After a week or two, look back at the notes you're taking. Look for a pattern - is it only after 5 hours between food? 8 hours? 2 hours? First thing in the morning only?

If there's no pattern, go to your doctor ( not your therapist), bring in the notes, and say "it's not time related." A decent doc should start looking to other causes.

There might be another bit of data that would be useful, but requires some equipment. If you know someone who is diabetic and has a glucose meter (to check their blood sugar level), see if they could take your blood sugar when you get this hand shaking, and add it to the other data you are recording. This one number, taken at the time of the symptoms, could reveal a lot.

Whenever I get some symptom that I don't recognize, the first question my Doctor asks when I tell her about it, is: "when it happens, did you check your blood sugar?"

#247158 - 06/17/12 03:04 PM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: bws48]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Oops, one other thing that I should mention. You do not have to be diagnosed as "Diabetic" to have the instances of HYPOglycemia (low blood sugar) that we are discussing. "Diabetic" means that you have HYYPERglycemia (high blood sugar).

The cause of concern is that non-diabetic people who have such instances of low blood sugar seem to be at much higher risk to go one to develop full blown diabetes, which you don't want to do. So instances of low blood sugar could be seen as a warning sign that gives you a chance take action (e.g. diet modifications)to avoid something worse, specifically diabetes.

It sounds contradictory that low blood sugar could indicate potential diabetes, but to my mind, it is just a symptom that there is something going wrong with the automatic blood sugar regulatory system in the body, and when that breaks down, you end up with diabetes.

#247159 - 06/17/12 03:19 PM Re: hand shaking when I get hungry [Re: picard120]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I agree with JShannon. Next time it occurs, eat a candy bar and see if it doesn't get better in 15-30minutes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 641 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 06:24 PM
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
05/19/24 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.