Thanks Jeanette.

Here's a list of the current contents, as the bag sits right now: (I'll pretty this up later and add pics. It's currently organized by the pockets I had in my old backpack. That pack bit the dust on a hike a couple of weeks ago and I'm still fiddling with it's replacement, trying to find the right home for everything.)

Lanyard
FOX 40, squeeze LED, Gerber Clutch, ferro rod, Star Wars LED

Pockets and Belt
Altoids tin tinder and firestarting kit, supplimented Ritter PSK, Leatherman Wave(with Mag solitare, ferro rod, scraper and two straw-sealed PJ cotton balls in sheath)

First Aid
CPR face mask and shield, 2 pairs nitrile gloves, 2 small zip lock bags, 2 large zip lock bags, trash bag, FAK (augmented AMK Field Trauma Kit) OTC meds, prescription meds for DS

Use it often stuff
Sunglasses, Buff, lip balm with spf, sunscreen and bug juice, local maps and compass, Katdayn Micro filter water bottle, LED lightstick, LED headlamp, (hard shell) glasses case

Gadget Bag
Frontier straw, aquapur tabs, compass, note pad, golf pencil, crazy glue, emerg poncho, thin maxi pad and tampon, AAA LED flashlight, Gerber Vise, straw wrapped in duct tape, ferro rod, sheath with mini BIC and spark lite, sheath with SAK farmer, scalpel blade and Australian Field Ration Eating Device (P38 can opener with spoon on the end) , mini sewing kit, med vial with 5 AAAs, toilet paper, and mini altoids tin with PJ cotton balls, match safe (with strike anywhere matches, 2 cotton balls and 2 birthday candles for DS to practice with)

Water and Cooking
Esbit stove and 12 tabs, SS water bottle nested in tin can nested in a gsi style cup, small aluminum pan, aluminum foil, spoon

Shelter
GI poncho, 6X9 blue tarp of despair, 2 person Heat Sheet, clear plastic contractor's drop cloth, 100 ft 550, 100 ft jute twine, tent stakes, 2 hand warmers, Ruko Muela fixed blade, silk sleeping bag liner, wool blanket (bungeed to outside of pack)

Clothes
Gortex jacket (with merino wool socks, underwear, mitts and bandana in pockets), LS wool-blend shirt, lined wind pants, blaze orange thinsulate watch cap, leather work gloves

Food and Drinks
VIA, hot choco, peppermint tea, tang, bannock mix, 3 cliff bars, jerky, sesame honey bars, peanut MMs and 1 MH meal, instant oatmeal

Edited by bacpacjac (05/31/12 07:05 PM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA