well you have to eat to survive!!
here is my bannock making in three photos,the video will come after the canoe trip,if the bears behave.

So Anyway..i just use Bisquick,that way i don't have any extra items along.too many jars and zip locks make for a hassle when you want to cook something fast.no add-on's like fruit or nuts,that more hassle.

i use about a half a cup of mix with a bit of dry milk and just enough water to get a dough ball like this.
on this canoe trip i went heavy and took a mixing bowl,i use the lid/small pot from the old Peak square case/cook kit on most trips.

i use a fair amount of peanut oil because it gets hot with out the smoke and i kind of like the flavor.the pancake flipper gets oiled so the dough ball can be flatten down with out sticking.

then it's just a matter of eyeballing the bannock and giving it a flip when it looks right.hot bread like this with jam can turn a bad afternoon in a wet shelter into something that's almost fun.really---and if you want to survive you need to keep you spirits up.......