Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Based upon the research I did for my own EDC/GHB, i would recommend that you use either or both of the Seychelles "Advanced" straw or bottle purifiers. Light and compact, with very good, test data and on-line comments. BIG BUT, I have no first hand experience with either. I also carry the Katadyn tablets and the Survival Resources Water Bags and their little fold up funnel to hold coffee filters, to pre-filter. The Katadyn Purifier Bottle, ES version, also gets great write-ups. Its a bit bigger and more strongly constructed that the Seychelles bottle, but heavier.

Thanks, Acropolis! I've never done anything but prefilter and boil my water but figure something non-fire dependant is a good idea. This is going to be for just in case. My BOB has some Coglahns disinfectant tabs and my PK has MicroPUR tabs, so I figured going for an alternative was a good idea.

I have 2 Katadyn Purifer bottles that live in my office BIB and our family BOB, as well as a Micro Filter that we use when camping and have ready at home for a bug in situation or longer term bug out. The bottles are just so easy but I hate the spouts on them.

For this kit I definitely want something small, light weight and easy.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA