I've posted this before, but what the heck...I have a 3.75 astigmatism, and wear bifocals... I like to shoot pistol and 3 gun competition...eyeglasses for safety concerns are required...the wraparound polycarbonate lenses with the lens inserts didn't work with the astigmatism (index of refraction difficult looking thru two pieces of plastic),and didn't work with two attempts of polycarbonate safety glasses...so I'm stuck with hardened plastic lenses in the largest frames I can find (titanium spring cable earpieces)

so for you shooters... after a couple of attempts to move the center of focus around, and reverse the near bifocal to upper... what I ended up with is a set of mono vision lenses... my near vision prescription in my dominant eye, and regular bifocal with the partition line moved up 2mm in my non dominant eye... takes about 15min to adjust for depth perception... works with optics on rifle, but not so well for aerial clay birds (shoot with regular bifocals for skeet and 5 stand)

hope this might save you some time, when you find yourself in the same quandry