Originally Posted By: Mark_M
Originally Posted By: 2005RedTJ
Smittybilt also makes Molle webbing seat covers that are pretty cool that I've been eyeballing getting a set of. These are the TJ model but they make them for different rigs.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Parts-Accessories/G-E-A-R-Front-Seat-Cover-by-Smittybilt-for-Jeep.aspx?t_c=9&t_s=333&t_pt=3813&t_pn=S%2fB5661001

I tried the GEAR seat covers and got rid of them. There's not much rear-seat room to start, and the kids didn't like to have stuff in their face. Also a potential for injury during an accident.

I do have the GEAR rear hatch cover in my 4-door Wrangler (JKU), but I don't think that idea would work with your lift-up hatch. But this is where I keep about 30 pounds of tools and my main first aid kit.

I don't know about the Liberty, but in the 4-door JK there is a huge amount of room under both front seats and the rear seat. Plenty of room for medium-size organizers filled with food rations, water, gloves, flashlights, etc under the front, and I've managed to fit entire drive shafts under the rear seat, along with my boots, umbrella, jumper cables and recovery bag.

In the back there is probably a compartment under the floor where your spare tire, jack and such are stored. There's usually some room there.

From a safety perspective, be careful to strap-down anything heavy with ratchet straps to prevent them from becoming projectiles in case of an accident.

For long trips I either load my stuff onto a utility trailer (easiest to deal with when camping/wheeling) or put on the roof rack and cargo box (family holidays).

Good luck with the new wheels. Let me know when you want to talk about a lift, big tires and a winch. ;^P

Yeah, I didn't think about the legroom issues with those. I think even putting one on the back side of my passenger seat (has no bucket seat behind it) would be problematic due to legroom for my daughter getting in/out of the back through that side. I think light stuff might work hung on his rear hatch, just wouldn't want to get crazy with it.

Seeing someone else who carries a spare driveshaft is awesome. I like to keep a spare rear driveshaft, a spare unit bearing, 2-4 of both sizes of u-joints and a spare rear pinion yoke.