The most innovative solution I've seen to camping in the rain is to setup a 12x12 Coleman screen house and then setup a tent inside the screen house. The guy doing this had a 6x9 tent that fit inside nicely with enough room leftover to setup his kitchen table and two folding chairs under the protection of the screen house. Kept him dry, comfortable and bug-free at camp. I dubbed it the "Tent-Tent."

I have no concerns about my tent leaking. The fly goes down to within 4" of the ground on all sides, seams are well sealed, two decent-sized vestibules and great ventilation. Setup in the pouring rain is a challenge, so I setup my 12x12 tarp first, then setup my tent under shelter of the tarp before moving the tent to its final location and staking it down.

Sea-to-Summit dry bags are not very expensive. I have a half dozen in various sizes. Down sleeping bag always goes in one. Underwear, socks, extra base layer and pillow case in another. Sweater, micro-fleece hoodie and sweat pants, spare hat and gloves in a third. Extra shirt and pants goes in a fourth. They're different sizes and colors and are labeled for easy identification. Makes it handy if you have to go wading through a water obstacle and need to change quickly into dry, warm clothes.

I don't generally spend much time actually out in the rain. My camping trips these days are usually Jeep-oriented, so I'm either at camp or inside a vehicle for the duration. I use nylon rain pants and jacket, with a wool sweater underneath if needed, a Tilley T3 hat, and high-top Gortex/Leather waterproof military boots. I'm looking for a good set of waterproof, insulated work gloves that provide some dexterity. Looks like the Youngstown Winter Performance Glove is worth a try.