Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2336 - 10/30/01 06:31 PM Welcome
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Welcome to a place for Survival Forum members to just Chit Chat about life or subjects of interest other than Survival and Emergency Preparedness. Topics are wide open for the most part, but I suggest that there are better places to discuss politics and similar potentially highly contentious subjects I expect everyone to maintain the same decorum as in The Survival Forum to keep it a family friendly place. I'm sure disagreements will occur, but let's keep it civil. Go Diamondbacks!
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#2337 - 10/30/01 07:03 PM Re: Welcome
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Yankees!!!!

#2338 - 10/30/01 09:01 PM Re: Welcome
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Doug,<br><br>I just noticed that you seem to be back again and hopefully yiou can help me solve the problem I have with logging on to your Forum.<br>As you can see I now automatically checked in as ssvnimrod and I also have an username svnimrod, scoutingdebevers and my first one Bagheera.<br>These previous 3 worked for the duration that I had my computer turned on but tyhe next day or so I could type in my username and password and it didn't reply that it was an incorrect password but when looking with "Who's online" I sa w that e.g. Bagheer was logging in and that anonymous was checking who was online.<br>Doug I work from home with an Windows 98 PC and my laptop from work is an Windows 2000 SERVER machine so I would like to be able to log into my own account from either machine.<br>Well now ssvnimrod works (even without loggin in) but I can't keep on inventing names I would just love to be able to logon with my first name Bagheera.<br><br>If you have any suggestions please let me know.<br><br>Best Scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera (AKA scoutingdebevers AKA svnimrod AKA ssvnimrod)

#2339 - 10/30/01 09:16 PM Re: Welcome
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

I wish I had an answer, but so far all anyone can say is they've never seen this problem before and scratch their head (figuratively). The best guess is that it relates to the cookies the forum software uses to identify you and that somehow the server isn't handling them correctly, but to date we cannot figure out what it's doing wrong. This stuff is really so far beyond my minimal computer knowledge that I can only depend upon others to troubleshoot it. All I can do is assure you that we are still working on it and want to solve it as bad as you do.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#2340 - 10/30/01 09:22 PM Re: Welcome
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Im glad you posted! I lost your email! I sent an email to the moderator at Bladeforums yesterday to contact you. I deleted Bagheera from the forum list. This will allow you to sign in as a 'new' member. This has worked with a few other forum members. Logging off seems to replicate the problem. Did you ever get p-38s for your scout troop? I just acquired an extra dozen, and can secure more.

#2341 - 10/31/01 02:37 AM Re: Welcome
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, Getting tired of all the people posting bout anthrax and body armor? i cracked up when i seen this campfire thingy.

#2342 - 10/31/01 02:41 AM Re: Welcome
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Ron,<br><br>Well, not exactly, that's another issue. Just a place where we can talk about things other than survival stuff, like who's gonna win the World Series, or why 21 year old nieces are wacko.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#2343 - 10/31/01 02:46 AM Re: Welcome
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Doug, mental illness is hereditary. We get it from the younger generations.

#2344 - 10/31/01 03:29 AM Re: Welcome
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same problem, now I am gulliamo2 and it says I'm a stranger?!

#2345 - 10/31/01 04:20 AM Re: Welcome
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

You sure got that one right. Never having kids ourselves, for good reasons, and then getting a teenager a few years ago, has been quite an experience. Certainly convinced us we made the right decision. :-)
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 377 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by dougwalkabout
03:17 AM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Hoover Stew
by dougwalkabout
05/26/24 03:03 AM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.