Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
I don't care to pay for the honor of advertising for any company but that's not really my point; you're unlikely to get shot by a Coke drinker for wearing a Pepsi T-shirt. I'm more interested in public emblems that carry a lot of emotion baggage, either political or social.

For those of you that do have, say, window stickers- where do you draw the line? I see a lot of NRA emblems...might that lead a thief to break into your car hoping to score a gun? Or will your Grateful Dead sticker lead him to break into your car hoping to score some weed? grin

Good point though. I wouldn't really want my car to be a billboard for the dealer I bought if from, for instance.

One of the several abridgements of my wife's constitutional rights as a teacher is that the school bans political bumper stickers on teachers cars. Wouldn't want someone to be 'offended' if an opposing view is represented in the parking lot. I suppose that a lawsuit would quickly end the ban, but no one seems to care.

Maybe for the reasons you indicate, the teachers realize it's not a bad idea to restrain ones self-expression in this case.

Because your home town can often be guessed by the name or address of many car dealers, even that sticker can identify you as a traveler and put you at higher risk of a break-in. Thats why rental car companies either down-sized or altogether removed the stickers from their cars.

Civility is a rare commodity these days, so our vehicles are sticker-free.