Originally Posted By: Susan
Quote:
I take the empty warm fridge as an opportunity to do a thorough and clean down and disinfect it.

Well, I am coming back to consciousness and picking myself up off the floor.

I have never known a single man in my entire life who would clean a refrigerator without having a gun held to his head.

I'm shocked! I'm stunned! I'm... jealous!

Quote:
No flooding on our street. I am surprised as we are one of the lowest points in town.

Don't assume it will be the same the next time. I live in a flood-prone area, and every single time it has flooded (four '100-yr floods' in 20 yrs), different areas have flooded, and others didn't, and they were different each time.

Quote:
... some mice made their presence known by crapping all over the kitchen countertop...I've bagged two so far with old school Victor mice snap traps baited with a bit of tasty hot dog.

Check all the cupboards and drawers that contain cookware, utensils and dishes, too. Not much beats peanut butter as bait.

Very nice job of prepping, and the overview.

Sue

Thanks Sue. Gotcha on the chaotic nature of flooding....
Regarding the mice I think I've handled the situation but the peanut butter is a great recommendation if I see more signs.

Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
" I dont need the extra MSR dragonfly camp stove, black diamond lanterns, and several other impulse buys are going back to the local EMS store for refund."

Didn't use them this time so probably won't need them next time -or- i've already got redunancy in those areas so they're overkill?

I've got stove (home made aluminun alcohol)and lighting redundancy, plus a matter of economics.