I think part of the point of the thread is showing that there is no easy answer to the situation. It's just impossible to make judgments about a person given absolutely zero information besides existence.

It kind of passes through several possibilities, among which are what sort of benefits or dangers the second person might pose, and ends up at that: If the hypothetical woman feels she'd be in greater danger with the stranger, she should pass on. If she feels she would be safer, despite the risks, with another person somewhat knowledgeable of survival, she should make herself known.

Given the other variables, the third option, saying hello and/or getting a chance to know the camper without committing to stick around the camp, does not necessarily exist. But that can be explored:

Pretend the camper is a nice guy who happens to be alone in his camp, and will pose no danger. How can she tell he is actually nice, or just pretending? There's no way to know.

Pretend he's a deranged lunatic who will relentlessly pursue her for harm. She has no way to realistically get away, assuming she's some few days' walk from the road, hungry, and exhausted, while he is well-fed on fish, and presumably better rested (considering it's a longer-than-one-night camp, he'd be more likely to set himself up for at least slightly more comfort). She's more likely to tire before she's safely away. But again, there's no way to know.

I can certainly say I have no way to judge a person with no knowledge of that person, and have no idea what I'd do given a similar situation. I could only hope, should I decide to say hello, that the camper is a member of this forum; I'd be among at least reasonable folks then.