Originally Posted By: unimogbert

Maybe you should look at how many places could be used to buy a charter aircraft ride from where you might get stuck to where you need to go? I'd find all the small airports along the route and then make some inquiries as to whether a charter service or someone you know who has an airplane could be retained just in case. (if they are allowed in/out of the area)

Bear in mind that while there may be a canyon airstrip, mountain/canyon flying requires special skills and only a limited assortment of aircraft are compatible with those places.

There a couple of airstrips that I know of. These are of the dirt/field strips where only a small Cessna type plane could comfortably land/take off from. Flying through the canyon proper is an unbelievable experience for the eyes and as I noted earlier, this area is also very wide open and not all that high so most small planes would have no problem.

John Lubbock