A couple of thoughts. Last year, when a hurricane was out in the gulf, my wife and I were discussing what to do in an emergency or evacuation. Her comment was "well first I'd get our survival gear" OUR? OUR? It seems that when reality strikes, she subtracted the "Y". It always has been YOUR survival kit cluttering the floor during repacking, YOUR new toy that you haven't put away, etc. Suddenly it's OURS.

Secondly, the day we closed on our farm last year, it was at the peak of Tropical Storm Bill. (I know, it was dumb!!). I had to go to work after the closing, the wife tried to go home (we'd already moved). Downed trees blocked the road, and our power (and water) was out for a few days. Amazingly, new mini-blinds gave way to chain saws and generators, all at the wife's insistence. Nothing like a little reality check. Currently, she's after me to build a new shed/barn to hold all the tools. Life is good.

All this preparedness stuff is having an acceptable tool, at the right time, with the right knowledge. One can never have too many books, tools or guns.

Peanut