Originally Posted By: ireckon
The big issue for me is being prepared while away from home. For example, what do I do if the bridge I'm on collapses 100 yards in front of me? What do I do if I'm in an open field and there's a big quake?

There are so many scenarios that can happen away from home that are more likely to put me into a truly dire survival situation. I definitely can appreciate the effort of the original poster! smirk

In that case you have to rely on your EDC. For a while I put a lot of effort, perhaps too much effort, on trying to come up with an urban survival kit I could have on my person when the answer was in my EDC, not a "kit." Once I realized that EDC is the answer, the question of what I should EDC came to mind. That was quickly answered by a simple concept. Using a word processor, I listed all of my concerns in an urban environment and under each concern I listed items I can have on my person at all times that would address those concerns. Some items can address more than one concern so I have those items listed more than once, once under each respective concern. I've updated my EDC based on this list and later updated that list. I have the list saved on my computer so I can go over it when needed.

Jeanette Isabelle