If you had to cook WITH the Esbit stove, what would you cook IN. I saw no mention of any cookware or metal containers (but I could have missed it).

You really only need two lights.

1) LED light. The RayOVac Sportsman ($10, WalMart) is a good general-purpose light. It throws a good beam for a short distance and is enough for working and walking while being a battery miser. Useless over 20 feet or so.

2) A "long-throw" light. This is what you would use for long-distance work (100 yards) or for signaling at night. The Mag would work OK, but there are much better ones out there. An LED light bright enough for this would would be at least $100, but go for it if you have the bucks. Otherwise, I would recommend a Brinkman Legend LX ($20, Walmart, but often out of stock). It uses a pair of CR-123A batteries (camera batteries). It is not much larger than a 2-AA light, but it is brighter than most D-cell lights! Do NOT look into this light while turning it on! And a single pair of spare batteries shoud last you just fine, considering that you should use the LED for most of your work.

3) A "photon" or other mini-light might also be handy as a backup for #1 above. Some are about the size of a couple of quarters.

If you expect to be in the woods, a can of pepper spray for hungry critters might be useful.

A diamond sharpener might be better than the stone.