Originally Posted By: Arney
Do these papers "prove" anything about flouride's effect on the brain? Well, it's still too early to say...

I don't mean to belabor the point, however I wanted to correct what I think was an incorrect statement I made earlier when I said that not enough research has been done. Actually, it's more accurate to say that not enough research has been published.

After researching some more, it appears that there has been a lot of research done on human exposure to fluoride since the 40's and 50's, however, we are not entitled to see the results. Much government research is still classified and results of industry-sponsored research (remember, tons of fluoride are produced by industry) are proprietary and not published. And this includes low dose research, not just highly toxic amounts.

A chilling exposé on the topic of government research into fluoride is Fluoride, Teeth, and the Atomic Bomb .

That piece also sheds some light on Chaosmagnet's question about what other reason could there be to fluoridate water in the first place other than the innocent objective of helping prevent cavities.