Originally Posted By: rebwa

I just picked up a couple more packs of Eneloops at Costco the other day and if you’re a member they are $4 off at the register now. Package includes a charger, 8-AA and 4 AAA for $21.95. These new Eneloops have been improved over the older white colored version in they hold a charge for up to 3 years and take a charge up to 1,500 times and are good down to I believe -20 . From everything I’ve read there isn’t much chance of leakage with the Eneloops.

Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up another Eneloop pack from Costco a couple months ago and recall that the batteries were a different color. Will take another look and make sure. That's a fantastic price.

The Eneloops have been terrific for powering my Nikon external flash. I've also used them in walkie-talkies for roadtrips, portable radio, etc. Things that tend to see intensive bursts of use. I keep the Eneloop chargers and batteries segregated in an LL Bean kiddie lunch box.

I must've read the Consumer Reports article because I now only buy Costco's Kirkland-brand batteries after reading that they are not the longest-lasting batteries but generics are the most cost-effective.

Can't say I'm streamlining batteries. I'm still using gear from the mid-1990s such as a Grundig YB400, walkie-talkies, portable radios and several small lanterns. Those all take "AA" or "AAA"

I had gotten away from "D" batteries until I bought some Coleman tent fans this summer and suddenly had to buy a bunch.

In the last few years I obtained a few Surefire flashlights and headlamp, all require the 123 batteries and I bought way ahead on those when Bean was still carrying them for $20/box.

The wafer CR-2032 batteries have been another new addition to the battery supply. [Petzl e-lites, LED hats, weather station, blinky dog collars and even a bike jacket and vest]

I store the non-eneloop, non-D batteries in a sturdy zipped bag that I throw in the car for roadtrips.