Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
Rebwa - Thanks for the link to the Wetfire Stove, this is the first time I have seen it, very lightweight for sure and no chance of spilling the fuel like with an alcohol stove.
Do Wetfire Fuel Cubes smell bad like the fishy smelling Exbit/Hexamine fuel tabs?

I have been thinking about trying to run an Exbit stove burning Parrifin fire starting packets, I can get them cheap at the dollar store (15 cents each) and usually have some with me in the field.

Mike

Mike,

Honestly I haven’t tried the actual Wetfire cubes, even after buying a package of 8. I’ve read that the Webber cubes are exactly the same only LOTS cheaper. The only downside of the webber cubes is they are not individually wrapped like the wetfire cubes. I’ve started several outdoor fires with the Webber’s and haven’t noticed any odor but I can’t say for sure. You do want to carry some foil for the pot or you’re going to be in for some cleaning is about the only downside. However, in an emergency that would be the least of my worries!

The neat thing about the little stove is it folds up very small, I have it in a Witz container with a couple starter’s and several chunks of wetfire tinder along with a couple small pieces of fat wood.