Ms_V_Nox,
Look at Californis Penal Code 12020 (also refered to as P.C 12020) as a starting point. If you can get to a local law library (ie. the county court house) you can ellicit the aid of one of the library clerks to help you find the other information related to this topic. If you do go to the court house leave any knives/weapons in your vehicle or at home.

There are some other reffrences to knives in the California penal code in section 653k. (tited) Switchblade Knives. You may want to photocopy this section and carry it, if you carry a spring assisted opening knife.

You will also want to find your local ordances for city(s) and county(s) you work, live or tend to travel through or plan a trip to. Additionally you may want to look at the federal laws on knives.

I am not a Lawyer and do not play one on Television so it is up to you to do your own research on this subject.

-Joe

P.S.- I know several people who lived in Ventura when I did that carried 5.5inch blade folders that were spring assisted. This was 8-10 years ago and the laws may have changed on this subject. You may also want to go to American Flag and Cutlery on Main St in Ventura as they have a fair kowledg of what is legal to carry (again they are not lawyers either so take their advice as more information to research.)

Edited by Joseph13 (11/10/10 12:23 PM)